Scalp Care After Surgery
• Avoid applying anything other than normal saline spray in the transplanted area
• Take medications as advised for a period of 7 days.
• Slight crusting and blackish appearance in the transplanted area is normal. It may feel number for a few days
• Slight itching in the donor area is also expected. Take Tab. Levocetrizine 5 mg once daily for relief.
• Slight swelling of forehead is expected. You will need to massage the forehead with two index fingers starting from the centre and milking away towards the temples. This maneuver can be done 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. The swelling will subside in 2 – 3 days.
• Avoid any activities that could result in injury to the transplanted area
• Avoid strenuous exercises for a period of 10 days
• Take normal healthy diet
• Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.