Direct Hair Transplant (DHT)
Introduction to Direct Hair Transplant
The Direct Hair transplant is the latest technique. It provides you healthy and natural looking hair. This technique does not involve the use of scalpels and the best part of this technique is that it is pain free. After the completion of this procedure the new hair continues to grow naturally throughout the life. The main objective of this procedure is to elevate the survival and growth of the hair follicles by reducing their handling and the time for which they stay out of the skin.
In direct hair transplant technique the hair follicles are implanted one by one directly to the recipient area which needs to be covered. Each hair follicle is placed in a particular direction, depth and angle that help to get 100% natural results with maximum density. It is a minimally invasive procedure which is painless and its recovery is very fast. The hair growth can be seen within 2 months and full growth can happen in 8-9 months. The implanted hairs remain to grow throughout the life of a person and they do not fall.
What is the Procedure for Direct Hair Transplant?
Extraction Phase: The hair follicles are extracted one by one from the donor area of the scalp.
Placement Phase: The hair follicles are implanted directly into the recipient area in a single one-step process. It ensures the right depth, direction and angle at the same time.
How Direct Hair Transplant is the Best Hair Transplantation Technique?
Direct hair transplant technique is the best hair technique because:
- A DHT treatment is best suited for both male and female patients.
- In maximum cases the patients are able to go back to their work the next day after the session.
- A person can resume with cardio exercise and swimming two weeks after the session however the intense exercise as weight lifting etc. are able to be resumed four weeks after.
- In the rare and extreme hair loss cases when hair on the back of the scalp are not sufficient to cover the recipient area then the facial and body hair may be used to complete the procedure.
- The 100% results of direct hair transplant take about twelve months to show. However the visible results may be seen in two months.
- There is no need to create incisions or slits in the recipient area; DHT uses a proprietary implanter which helps to implant hair follicles directly.
- Unlike FUE and FUT hair transplantation methods does not include scalpels or stitches. The hair follicular units are extracted with the aid of specifically designed disposable tool. This prevents any trauma to the area.
Comparison between DHT and Normal FUE Method
Following are the reasons that show DHT is better than FUE:
- Unlike FUE method, DHT does not include any incision making thus it does not show side-effect.
- The entire process is painless and takes a little recovery time (from 2 to 4 days) whereas in FUE small incisions are made therefore it is painful and takes longer time to recover.
- DHT permits a transplantation of up to 6000 hair strands whereas FUE allows the transplantation of up to 1500 to 2500 strands in one session.
- DHT carries very less chances of infections as it uses fully disposable equipment for extraction the FUE that involves reuse of extraction equipment.
- Shaving is not mandatory in case of DHT whereas in FUE shaving of the donor site is obligatory.
- The DHT promises guaranteed results whereas the results of FUE vary from one person to the other.
- DHT provides long lasting results whereas FUE is susceptible to errors because it involves the use of forceps and the direction or angle of the hair growth decided by the surgeon.
- DHT is suitable for all hair types whereas FUE is restricted to only some specific hair types as people with curly hair texture cannot go for this method.
Book an Appointment at EUGENIX